Hampton College was visited by an inspection team from Ofsted in May 2017. We have now received the official letter from Ofsted (see below) and can confirm that the rating for Hampton College from this latest inspection is Good.
This judgement is arrived at through a combination of: close scrutiny of the school’s performance data (A level, GCSE, SATs, phonics screening etc.), documentation provided by the college, feedback from students, staff and parents, scrutiny of students’ work, and observations of some of the lessons which took place on the day of the inspection.
We believe that the findings of the inspection team are accurate and fair. The letter contains many positive assessments of the college and a recognition that much of what we do constitutes highly effective practice. We are particularly pleased that the inspection team recognised that:
- We are committed to building a welcoming and inclusive school
- Our Sixth Form has many strong features
- Pupils at Hampton College make good progress during their time with us
- Overall parents, children and young people are very positive about their experiences at Hampton College
- Governance is strong and governors have an accurate view of the school and are actively involved in securing improvement
- Disadvantaged pupils are well supported
- Behaviour is good and relationships between staff and pupils are positive
- All aspects of safeguarding are effective
Please click here if you wish to read the Ofsted 2017 full report.
Please click here for details of the Academy conversion in September 2014
Please click on the link here to take you directly to the College's page on the Ofsted website