5 September 2017
WANTED – School Governor
Our school Governing Body is made up of Parents, Staff and Co-opted Governors. Our governors come to us through a variety of routes and with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences, but they are all volunteers who work together for the benefit of the school and are the link between the school and the community it serves.
Co-opted governors are governors selected based on the skills they may bring to the governing body ( you can of course be a parent too).
We are seeking a person who fits the following description:
- Has an open and enquiring mind;
- Has a knowledge of any of the following: Company Law, Finance, HR, Education, including Post 16, IT, HR or any another transferable skill;
- Shows a willingness to listen and make informed judgements;
- Is able to work well with others;
- Is interested in the local area and surrounding community;
- Is interested in education generally and our school in particular;
- Has a desire to play a part in improving our school;
- Is willing to give up about 20 hours per term to attend meetings and training (both usually in the evenings).
If you match the above description, you may be the very person to become a Governor at Hampton College. Everyone has something to offer and we want people from as many backgrounds and interests as possible.
In return we can offer:
- An insight into the wider perspective of the school through long-term planning;
- The opportunity to work with our team of governors and staff in improving our School;
- Training to develop an understanding of specific school management issues;
- A sense of achievement in making a difference to our school;
- The pleasure of helping students reach their potential.
The Governing Body of our school is responsible for:
- Ensuring that students receive high quality education and that the conduct of the school reflects this aim;
- Working with the Leadership Team on the strategic planning and management of the school;
- Considering and agreeing the aims and policies of the school;
- Discussing and approving the targets for improvement;
- Appointing senior staff;
- Setting and monitoring the budget;
- Monitoring the performance of the school.
If you are interested in joining our Governing Body, please send your letter of application outlining your skills and interests to: The Clerk to The Governing Body (Clerk@hamptoncollege.org.uk). The closing date for all expressions of interest is Friday 22 Sept 2017 and we will then arrange interviews for the role.
Thanks in advance.
Mr Al Kingsley
Chair of Hampton College Governing Body