27 May 2016
Our school Governing Body is made up of Parent, Staff and Local Authority Governors. Our governors come to us through a variety of routes and with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences, but they are all volunteers who work together for the benefit of the school and are the link between the school and the community it serves.
We are seeking a person who fits the following description:
- Has an open and enquiring mind;
- Has a knowledge of any of the following: Company Law, Finance, Education, including Post 16, IT, HR or any another transferable skill;
- Shows a willingness to listen and make informed judgements;
- Is able to work well with others;
- Is interested in the local area and surrounding community;
- Is interested in education generally and our College in particular;
- Has a desire to play a part in improving our College;
- Is willing to give up about 20 hours per term to attend meetings and training (both usually in the evenings).
If you match the above description, you may be the very person to become a Co-opted Governor at Hampton College. Everyone has something to offer and we want people from as many backgrounds and interests as possible.
In return we can offer:
- An insight into the wider perspective of the College through long-term planning;
- The opportunity to work with our team of governors and staff in improving our College;
- Training to develop an understanding of specific College management issues;
- A sense of achievement in making a difference to our College;
- The pleasure of helping students reach their potential.
The governing body of our College is responsible for:
- Ensuring that students receive high quality education and that the conduct of the College reflects this aim;
- Working with the Leadership Team on the strategic planning and management of the College;
- Considering and agreeing the aims and policies of the College;
- Discussing and approving the targets for improvement;
- Appointing senior staff;
- Setting and monitoring the budget;
- Monitoring the performance of the College.
If you are interested in joining our Governing Body, please send your letter of application outlining your skills and interests to the Clerk to The Governing body (Clerk@hamptoncollege.org.uk). The closing date for all expressions of interest is Friday 24 June 2016 and we will arrange meetings to discuss the role w/c 27 June 2016.
Mr Alastair Kingsley
CHAIR OF GOVERNORS