5 May 2017
Introduction to Enrichment Week 2017 for Parents/carers
During the final week of the Summer Term (Monday 17 July to Thursday 20 July) students in Years 7, 8 and 9 will be offered the chance to take part in a range of different activities that will help to develop a number of learning and thinking skills outside of the normal classroom environment.
Students who are not participating in the residential trips will be offered the opportunity to develop the same type of skills in activities that will either be based on the school site or at specific activity destinations, this includes a day trip open to all students to Thorpe Park. Hopefully students will find an activity that they are interested in, as we aim to make the last week of the academic year both rewarding and fun!
All activities that are being held on site will run during normal school hours and students will be expected to be in school for 8:30am registration. Times for external activities may vary depending on the location. Individual information letters will be given out nearer the time explaining the itinerary for each activity and the type of clothing and equipment that will be required.
Please note that Friday 21 July 2017 will be a half day, with school finishing at 1.00pm.
The booklet contains details of all activities available. Parents/carers please follow the instructions below to help your child make their choice:
1. Read the booklet carefully and think about the activity your child would like to participate in.
2. Look at the cost of the activity and other guidelines.
3. On the back page of the booklet write your child’s name, form group, and in Section A, their three activity choices in order of preference.
4. If applicable, in Section B, indicate whether or not your child wishes to take part in the day trip to Thorpe Park. If this does not interest you, then please leave this section blank, or tick the ‘no’ box.
5. Sign the form on behalf of your child to authenticate the reply slip.
6. Cut out the form and get your child to return it to a member of staff at the Hampton Vale entrance, near Room 30, from 8:15am on Tuesday 9 May. After registration, any forms should be returned to the Main Reception.
7. Please DO NOT send any money in with your reply slip. A letter confirming your child’s acceptance on the activity/trip will be sent out in due course.
8. Each slip will be date stamped and signed by a member of the College staff, to ensure that all activities are registered on a ‘first come, first served basis’. Once the activity is full, the next choice will be taken.
If your child has not returned their reply slip by the end of school on Friday 12 May 2017, a choice will be made for them.